Events, CPD or E-LEARNING courses
Policing Childhood Challenging, Violent or Aggressive Behaviours CCVAB
6 hours CPD
University of Northumbria City Campus.
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST
Early Bird booking before February 10th £60
From Feb 11th 2020: £80
This CPD event will include the release of findings following a new approach to 'Policing Childhood Challenging, Violent or Aggressive Behaviour'- also known as APVA, VCB, CPVA piloted and trialled by Northumbria Police from early 2019 to enable best practice for Multi-Agency support to be identified and developed. The day will include details of
findings relating to police response to requests made, prevalence of CCVAB when recorded as a named incidence, SEND indicators when attending the incidence, behaviour traits leading to a request for police intervention, future recommendations and best practice suggestions.
Discussion of what living with CCVAB means for parents and families from their own perspective
Strategies for supporting families and equipping families when living with CCVAB
Working in partnership with families
Developing community support systems for families, schools and professionals
The impact of living with CCVAB for siblings, child protection, early intervention and resilience
REFUND POLICY FOR EVENT: we can refund your payment
in full one month prior to the event,
we can refund 50% of your payment up to 2 weeks prior to the event,
you can transfer your payment to another colleague up to the day of the event should you no longer be free to attend
alternatively if we are able to resell your booking we will refund you in full following cancellation.
ONLINE or WEBINAR COURSE INFORMATION
The series of online CPD courses aim to increase the understanding and knowledge of individuals who interact and look after children and young people who have experienced loss or trauma within their lives no matter how this occurred or the reasons why these children or young people may experience loss or trauma as well as gain further awareness of Adverse Childhood Experiences and why this is fundemental to child wellbeing.
All courses will be based online and run over 10 week period. There are two types of courses
Accredited CPD courses, these courses are accredited by CPD UK and have an approved accreditation number. These courses are particularly helpful for those who are required to re-register to practice from a range of settings, students working towards a practice qualification in Health Education or Social/ Community settings as well as of interest to parents and carers.
Certificated CPD units, these courses are certificated by CEL&T to confirm completion and hours of study. These courses are written by experts in the field and are particularly helpful for those working with or supporting or living with children and young people who have experienced adversity in their lives to date. This enables those who want to understand more about a particular area to study at a time and pace that fits in with their lifestyle from a range of settings including, students working towards a practice qualification in Health Education or Social/ Community settings as well as of interest to parents and carers. The certificate for these courses acknowledges CPD hours of study to help with re-registration if this is required by anyone in a professional capacity
Purchasing a course from us:
How to purchase a course:
All of our courses can be purchased from this site using the link next to the course you wish to purchase, our courses are provided via paypal for online courses or paypal/ eventbrite for onsite courses. We use paypal/ eventbrite to protect your payment. To purchase a course, use the 'buy now' button and check the title of the course that matches what you wish to purchase.
If you purchase the wrong course please notify us immediately so that we can transfer your payment to the correct course you wish to take
for e-learning independent courses we can refund your money only prior to sending you the course materials, once released we cannot refund your money as you will have access to the materials, passwords and so forth and be able to download these even after requesting a refund. We are happy to refund any monies paid if we have not released the course to you. Please notify us immediately following payment should you change your mind about a course you have paid for, before we send anything out to you
for webinar courses we can refund your payment in full one month prior to the course starting, we can refund 50% of your payment up to 2 weeks prior to starting, you can transfer your payment to another colleague or friend up to the day of the 1st session should you no longer be free to attend alternatively if we are able to resell your booking we will refund you in full following cancellation. We can refund your money only prior to sending you the course materials or you accessing the webinar sessions, once released we cannot refund your money as you will have access to the materials, passwords and so forth and be able to download these even after requesting a refund.
for Events, Onsite workshop/seminars: we can refund your payment in full one month prior to the event, we can refund 50% of your payment up to 2 weeks prior to the event, you can transfer your payment to another colleague up to the day of the event should you no longer be free to attend alternatively if we are able to resell your booking we will refund you in full following cancellation.
We can invoice you directly which is helpful for companies making bulk purchases or purchases on behalf of their company/ organisation. To purchase via invoice email us with the title of the courses you wish to purchase. The invoice can be paid for by bank transfer.
What happens after payment for an online course is made
1. Following payment for a course we will be advised by Paypal that the payment has been credited to us. The cost per course is dependent on the course selected and is shown on the course information page.
2. We will then send to you- via email attachment- the course handbook in both pdf and word format.
3. We will also send to you the password that you will need to access the powerpoint MP4 videos for the course
4. Once you commence the course you can contact us via email or mobile to seek help and advice, or request an extension should you require this.
5. In order to obtain a CPD Certificate, you must submit the course handbook to us for review. all instructions for submitting the handbook are detailed within the handbook you receive
What happens after payment for an onsite course is made
1. Following payment for a course we will be advised by Paypal that the payment has been credited to us. If the payment is made to Eventbrite we will be notified of your purchase
2. We will then send to you email confirmation of your payment- this will be sent to the email address paypal provide us with- if the payment is made by someone other than yourself, please ask them to check their email (including spam and junk) for the confirmation as this email represents your ticket to attend
3. if you have purchased your ticket via Eventbrite, Eventbrite will supply your ticket to you - please retain this as proof of purchase.
4. On the day- please ensure that you do sign in to the workshop/ seminar as we use these registration confirmations for processing CPD certificates. check that the name we have is the one you would like put onto your certificate and that the email address is correct. these certificates are processed by CPD UK on our behalf.